Monday, September 29, 2014

Settling In




I have arrived safely in a brand new environment and a brand new country. It really is an idyllic setting and a beautiful city Manchester is but I wonder why I am not fully moved by it. I wonder why I am not excited by this city. Maybe I had too many expectations, maybe I miss home and my people and familiarity so much. This is so unlike me in a new place. I wonder why I feel no desire or need to go to all the welcome events, to visit the tourist sites, enough to miss a free visit to the Old Trafford Stadium...what has happened to me?

I thought when I got here I will be constantly uploading instagram pics, constantly taking selfies, the surroundings - but I have been here one week and I only took one picture. its overwhelming yet I tell myself I will get used to it. I have no idea who this person is. I hadn't realised I had changed so much. Now I don't know how to move on from here. How to make friends. How encoperate myself into this next adventure. All my friends are sure that I will love it and be great here in no time...so for now I am just taking their word for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...